Africa is one of the Most Blessed Continents on earth when it comes to music. With a lot of legends to look up to, Upcoming artist have a common problem of exposure. The amount of platforms that expose such talents is very minimal compared to the amount of talented acts. As years have passed-by many Companies have done a great job to look for a solution to one of this Problems hitting the Continent really hard. In addition to some big guns bringing a change, The American Company Cocacola has created an amazing Project known as Coke Studio Africa. Coke Studio Africa is Currently the biggest musical phenomenon in Africa created in 2013 and it continues its rise for the fifth consecutive year in 2017. In recent years, the stars of the show have won awards in the best and most Prestigeous Ceremonies both in their Home countries, Africa and Abroad. With the Help of the Show, artists from different Countries get selected to meet and work together, and has done a great deal in rendering a great amount of exposure to Most african artists who are opportuned to be on the show. With the Top- Notch collaborations produced during the show, Viewers are always glued to their screens whenever an episode is to be broadcasted on TV. The excitement, Joy, and happiness on the faces of fans when their favorite artist is performing is the dream every artist will want to experience in ther Career.
The impact of Coke Studio Africa is felt throughout Africa, the minute the artists meet and start forming other alliances to create even more post-production songs. The Vibe usually spreads really fast as most of the artists involved share Photos on social media hence creating a buzz around the event.
Below are 10 Facts about Coke Studio Africa Which You Need To Know.
1. Coke Studio Africa is a non-competitive music collaboration show that brings together and celebrates the diversity of music and talent in Africa. It allows fashionable artists to working with the best musicians from the continent and around the world as well as with the best producers.
2. The concept Coke Studio was created and established for the first time in Pakistan which celebrates this year his tenth season.
3. The first edition of Coke Studio Africa was launched in 2013. It brought together 24 artists from 6 countries African.
4. The program Coke Studio Africa continues to grow and now brings together artists from 17 countries, such as South Africa, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana, Angola, Zimbabwe, Togo, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, the DRC or Cameroon.
5. The artists selected to appear in Coke Studio are chosen for their popularity and their music, which must be in tune with the artistic project of the producers and creators of transmission.
6. Coke Studio transports spectators directly from their living room to the artists’ studio and shows them all the stages of making quality music: from the design to the the recording, not to mention the contribution of the talented producers of Coke Studio.
7. Coke Studio Africa is usually broadcast on TV channels throughout the continent of August to December, each season for about 12 weeks. The show is It is also broadcast on various platforms such as MTV Base. 8. Every year, the star guests of Coke Studio Africa are renowned artists International. Among the big names in the music scene who participated in the show these recent years, we can mention Wyclef Jean in 2014, the R & B NE-YO super star in 2015, the icon Trey Songz in 2016 and world pop star Jason Derulo appearing in the Coke Studio Africa edition in 2017.
9. Coke Studio Africa entrusts renowned producers from all over Africa with the mission of creating musical fusions with the show’s artists. Among them, there are talents like Nahreel (Tanzania), Sketchy Bongo (South Africa), Gemini Major (Malawi), Gospel On Da Beatz (Nigeria), Killbeatz (Ghana), Legendary Beatz (Nigeria), Shado Chris (Ivory Coast), Masterkraft (Nigeria) and Maphorisa (South Africa).
10. Coke Studio Africa has distinguished itself through the years by producing several flagship titles that have marked African music. So, well-known pieces such as “Nakupenda” – Juliana Kanyomozi and Flavor, “All I Need to Know” – Vanessa Mdee and 2Baba and “Special Fimi” – AKA and Patoraking. Other mega-collaborations on the continent sparked on Coke Studio like “Africa” – Sauti Sol and Yemi Alade, “Unconditionally Bae” – Sauti Sol and Alikiba, “Sweet La Vida “- Yuri Da Cunha and Flavor and” Taking Over “- Dama Do Bling and Victoria Kimani and” My Girl “- Toofan and Patoranking, and Yemi Alade and Nyashinski in “Nakupenda” are works created during from Coke Studio Africa.
Focus on Francophone Artists On the Show
Prayers for a Francophone artist Specifically from Cameroon were finally answerred during the 2017 Edition of the Prestigious event. Big Dreams Entertainment Star Boy Locko made his debut this year at the Coke Studio Africa including other artists from Central Africa in the likes of Tresor(Congo) , Kiff No Beat (Ivory Coast), Shado Chris (Ivory Coast) and Ozane (Togo) who all made their debut on the Show. 2017 was a great year as part of this year’s Coke Studio was merged with Coke Studio South Africa to create an even more dense and high-quality program. This show, called simply as “Coke Studio Africa, 2017”, was the ultimate melting spot for African music and cultural exchanges.
This years event saw the Cameroonian star Locko collaborate with Tresor, a Congolese artist from South Africa. These two superstars were produced by the best Malawian producer, Gemini Major. Lockowill also appear in a special episode of Coke Studio, “Global Fusion Edition” with ten African celebrities and a guest appearance from the international renowned, icon of R & B and American pop, Jason Derulo. Referring to his debut on the show, Locko said, “It’s an amazing experience. I met a lot of very talented people. The song I recorded and sung with Tresor is a real surprise! “. He added, “Coke Studio is a musical bridge between different parts of Africa and gives birth to songs that have a life beyond the experience of the show. “
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.